Yikes! Trans Fat Hell !From a health newsletter I receive comes this lovely bit of information. Buyer beware!
Without naming any specific restaurants or brands, here are some
of the items tested and their TFA totals:
* One slice of double-cheese pizza - about half a gram of TFA
* Large order of French fries - 4 to 6 grams
* Chicken pot pie - 5 grams
* One sour cream glazed doughnut - 5 grams
* Five chicken nuggets - almost 4 grams
* Two spring rolls - 2 grams
* "Captain's" platter of fried shrimp, fish, clams, and scallops
- 22 grams
That last one is not a misprint: 22 grams of TFA!
According to at least one research report, a daily intake of
only one gram of TFA may increase the risk of heart disease by
as much as 20 percent. And a 2002 report from the National
Academy of Sciences concluded that, "the only safe intake of
trans-fat is zero."
Don't say I didn't warn you!