Friday, August 19, 2005

Turn of Faith

An interesting article on what it was like to be a Jehovah's Witness. One valuable tip I gleaned from this article - It's strange when Jehovah's Witnesses come to my door now. I know discussion is futile; they have a carefully planned response for any objection. Finally, I say, ''I'm an apostate,'' and their eyes widen at the word: someone who has willfully rejected Jehovah, far worse than a worldly person, who is simply ignorant of the Truth. A threat to the faith of others, an apostate deserves to be shunned, as we were forced to shun our disfellowshipped father. The Witnesses back away from my door. Reckon I know what I'll say the next time they show up. :) (appearing naked at the doorway with a pitchfork also seems to work).

2 comments:

KjerstenGreg said...

Hi! I just barely stumbled across your comment about books on my blog (not sure how long ago you left it) and wanted to thank you for the suggestions. I loved Life of Pi. I actually just bought the Kite Runner a few weeks ago, but haven't started reading yet. audible.com sounds very interesting, I had no idea something like that existed! Can't wait to check it out.

I like your blog. You are extremely intelligent, but not in a pretentious way, which is refreshing ;)

Where is your B&B? We may be interested in staying... we're way overdue for a vacation!

ATHiker95 said...

Thanks for the nice comments and glad you came by! Definitely check out Audible - if you have time where you are doing things that don't require a lot of other concentration, then I think you definitely might like this service.

You can read more about our Inn at this site . Would be glad to have you come and spend a night or two with us. You'd be the first person to visit my blog who came to stay here. :) I see from your profile you like gardening - well, there is plenty of that that needs to be done here, so bring your gloves. (grin).