Sunday, September 04, 2005

Bayou Farewell: The Rich Life and Tragic Death of Louisiana's Cajun Coast

If you're looking for a meaningful book on the crisis in New Orleans and what needs to be done before rebuilding that city, then you should pick up a copy of Mike Tidwell's book Bayou Farewell: The Rich Life and Tragic Death of Louisiana's Cajun Coast . I saw him on Meet the Press today and he was impressive. Gets 5 Star reviews at Amazon.

If you missed Meet the Press today , you can read the transcript of the show .

If you want to read an interesting article appearing in the Houston Chronicle about New Orleans written in 2001, then read Keeping Its Head Above Water - New Orleans Faces doomsday scenario

Places to Donate:

Red Cross

Habitat for Humanity

Noah's Wish - Helping the Animals

2 comments:

Angel said...

Please don't forget to help the animals that were abandoned because of Katrina. Please go to my blog and check out the list of compiled links that will help animals and people hurt by Katrina. http://www.dianesdiary.blogspot.com

You done a great deed and should be aplauded for it. I lay crying at night and wish I could do more. I am currenty going to Charlotte for a few says to volunteer my emt skills and help pass out food or whatever is needed.

ATHiker95 said...

I've donated to each of the organizations above, including Noah's Wish (for animals) and I admire you for stepping up to do something concrete. Thanks for posting your link. As an owner of 2 cats, I understand the loss people feel when they have to leave without their pets. I was watching Anderson Cooper tonight on CNN out in a boat and pointing out dogs, cats, etc that were sitting in trees in shock and practically unapproachable. It's a tremendously sad thing to see, not to mention all the humans I'm afraid we're going to see uncovered in the coming days.