Sunday, August 10, 2003

 If you wish to check in easily to this blog's updates, you can make a shortcut to this blog on your desktop. (thanks for the reminder, Ralph!). With Internet Explorer, it's easy. Just click on the little IE globe in the left corner of the address bar (where you type in a web address) and drag it to the desktop. After that, you can just click on the shortcut to the blog on the desktop and see the latest version. If you use a different browser than IE, you can still highlight the address in the address bar, right click and click on "Copy" and then go to the Desktop, right click again and press "paste". Just a little bit easier with IE.

Meant to post this picture from vacation that I saw on a sidewalk in Nainomo, BC. Thought it was an amusing ad. Reminded me of how I felt during some of my more unstable moments in college! You'll have to click on this pic to see the larger one in order to see the picture clearly.
urinal Man

Was sorry to see that Gregory Hines died today. Only 57 - hard to believe. This guy could really tap dance. His movie "Tap" was a great flick - you could get it in rental, I suspect. Also his mini-series "Bojangles". If you want to read some more about him, here's a short biography.

On a health note (seems to be the story of my life!), if you have diabetes, it's important to have a dilated eye exam at least once a year and to let the doc know you have diabetes. I'm due on this one myself. And here's some more fun info on diabetes - 2 out of 3 people with diabetes die from heart disease and stroke. Diabetics are 2-4 times more likely to develop heart disease than those who don't have it. For women it is even a bigger problem - 5x more likely to develop heart disease. A person with diabetes who has no history of heart disease is just as likely to have a heart attack as a person without diabetes who has already had a heart attack. Ain't that grand news? Boy , I bet you can't wait to tune in to the next version of this blog! Incidentally, fish oil is known to lower trigycerides, so eat some wild salmon or drink some fish oil - yummy stuff - I take 4 tsps a day of some super potent brand myself. I have been seen leaping upstream in the bathtub recently. Janet attempts on occasion to club me over the head and drag me out and feed me to the cats.

While working on my vacation pics (I have many more that were not included in the blog), I did run across this dolphin shot at the Vancouver Aquarium. Thought I'd include it, as it is usually quite difficult to catch an action shot with these little digital cameras.

Had hoped to see a better whale show at the aquarium, but they only had beluga whales which didn't do much , but spit water on the crowd. Good for camera electronics!

Once again, I've included a Discussion section on this blog, so if you want to tune in, you can. If you "subscribe" in that comment section, you'll even be sent an email whenever someone posts something. Now if that doesn't get you salivating, nothing will. Well, that is about all of this I can take for one evening - so enjoy or get sick - it's your choice! LOL

No comments: