Thursday, August 14, 2003

Wondering where the term "blog" came from? (Well, maybe you're not wondering, but now that you're reading this, you're stuck with having to find out!). Actually it is an abbreviation for "Web log" or "Weblog". GuruNet (you're all using that, correct? ha!) defines it as (WeBLOG) A Web page that contains links to Web sites that cover a particular subject or that are based on some other criterion, such as interesting or entertaining sites. The blog typically provides a short summary of the referenced sites and may also contain commentary and humor. Blogs have become a form of artistic expression, enabling anyone to personally publish a directory about a subject that interests them. I can now put "Artist" on my resume. LOL

The first blog tool that made all these blogs possible (there are millions of blogs on the net now) was Blogger. Also a big reason why the term "blog" stuck in the vocabulary. It's the program what I use to produce this one.

Sarah (my Arkansas buddie) passed along an interesting blog to me the other day. It's an American Soldier's blog from Iraq. Makes for quite interesting reading. Guess I'll have to go to Iraq in order to spice my blog up!

No comments: