Saturday, September 06, 2003

 Larry King Interview with Dr. James Dobson: "KING: But there are some, some fundamentalists, who believe that if you do not believe Christ is the Savior, you will not go to heaven, right?

DOBSON: Well, I'm one of them. I do believe that.

KING: Well, then Jews won't go to heaven.

DOBSON: Well, if they don't accept, him that's true.

KING: But they don't.

DOBSON: Larry, I have only the scripture to go on. I have no authority to do anything that isn't written there. And Jesus himself said I am the way, the truth and the life. And he said that no man gets to the father, gets to God but by him. And that's what is in the scripture. So what am I going to do with that?

KING: So therefore you -- if a Jew dies not believing in Christ, he does not go to heaven?

DOBSON: Well, you asked me that question when I was here previously, and I told you the ultimate decision there is up to God, and he told us not to judge each other. I am merely reflecting what Jesus said about himself. And that's what I believe. "


Now I have to ask - what happens to Buddhists, Muslims, etc? They will be happy to know they're all going to hell, won't they? And how about some guy tossing a spear down near the Amazon, who has never even seen a book that tells him he is going to hell? To me, this attitude smacks of extreme arrogance. You can read the article by clicking the link above to hear about homosexuals,etc. This would be amusing, if it weren't for the fact that so many Americans feel this way. Wonder what happened to me?

No comments: