Tuesday, September 02, 2003

 New Message Emerges in Treating Diabetes

So you got diabetes and have been worrying about your glucose readings? Well this report would indicate that you'd better be checking your blood pressure as that may be even a greater threat of giving you a heart attack if you have diabetes. I'm lucky - my blood pressure is around 100/60. (yea! - I finally have something positive going for me! Of course when they give me anesthetic for things like colonscopies and it goes to 60/40, that is not particularly good!). Do you know what your blood pressure is? If it's more than 130/80, you 'd better be figuring out with your endocrinologist how you're gonna lower it. Just another alert from the obsessed one.

Studies show that cardiovascular disease, set off mainly by hypertension, is the leading cause of death among people with diabetes, and two of every three diabetes-related deaths are caused by heart disease or stroke.

No comments: