Monday, October 20, 2003

Kerry on Hardball


Saw John Kerry on Hardball tonight. Very impressive. Great sense of humor, highly intelligent, poised, loads of experience and cares about the things I care about. Some may label him as a Massachusetts Liberal, but as he said, "Labels don't mean anything, it's what you stand for that counts". He gets my vote.

Heard Hilary might throw her hat in the ring. Scary thought - here come all the Clinton bashers again! She's intelligent, but I don't think she is very well liked by many - might get nominated on the Dem ticket, but wouldn't hold out hope for her beating Bush, strange as that may seem. I think the Republicans would pull out all the stops to beat her. But what do I know? She probably sees Bush as being highly vulnerable at the moment and may not want to wait another 4 years. And if Bush gets beat this time by some other Dem, she might conceivably have to wait 8 more years. So I wouldn't be surprised to see her jump in.
. 

No comments: