Sunday, October 19, 2003

Uncovered a new trick in MyIE2!

Just by accident I discovered a new way to click on a link and have a new tab appear for that link, without leaving the page you are on. In the past, I had always right clicked the link and then chosen "Open in New Window", which means that it will appear as another tab in your tab bar.

I happened to be left clicking on a link and then decided I didn't want to open that link, so moved my mouse away from it and released the left mouse button. Lo and behold, a new tab appeared for that link. So now , rather than having to right click and click on "Open New Window", all I do is left click on the link and while holding the left mouse button down, just drag my cursor away from the link and release it, and voila - a new tab appears. Very quick and simple.

MyIE2 continues to impress me more and more. I get all the functionality of IE with all the add-ons of Mozilla - sort of the best of both worlds. If you haven't tried mouse gestures in MyIE2, give them a shot. For an explanation of them, just click on Help in MyIE2. Once you get good at them, it really speeds up browsing.

No comments: