Tuesday, October 21, 2003

Onward Christian Soldiers

Wrong and Divisive (washingtonpost.com)
" Gen. Boykin, in Army uniform, describes the United States as a "Christian nation" and says he knew he would capture a Somali warlord because "I knew that my God was bigger than his. I knew that my God was a real God and his was an idol." Gen. Boykin casts the war against terrorism as a "spiritual battle," saying that "Satan wants to destroy this nation, he wants to destroy us as a nation, and he wants to destroy us as a Christian army."

Gee, I feel so much better now that I know we have the might of Christianity behind us! Ol' GW sure has assembled a fine bunch underneath himself. What's scary is that this crazy country will probably reelect him again out of some screwy notion of moral highmindedness and righteousness. Wonder where aggression fits into that concept?

Quote of the day:
"Rogues are preferable to imbeciles because they sometimes take a rest."
Alexandre Dumas

 

No comments: